Our independent study program is designed to help fit the needs of our diverse student population. Students in grades 9 - 12 may enroll in this program.
Our program offers:
* 9 thru 12 grade coursework
* High School Diploma
* Personalized Learning
* Early Graduation
* Academic Credit Recovery
* One-on-One Instruction with Certificated Teachers
* Seat-Based Classes
* Online Learning via Edgenuity
* Student Assigned Chromebooks and iPads
* A-G Coursework via Edgenuity
* College Units Available via Articulation and Concurrent enrollment at Porterville College
* Small School Environment
* Annual Commencement Ceremony
We provide partial credits in all subject areas required.
WORK AT YOUR OWN PACE
Students are allowed ample time to complete coursework & are also allowed to accelerate in course completion.
Coursework completion is required for students to prepare for assessments. In core subjects, students earn credits by earning a passing grade in assessments taken.
To graduate in 4-years, students are expected to study independently a minimum of 6 hours a day, & earn 2 credits per week. Students behind on credits will need to complete more credits per week.
Minimum required weekly attendance is half a day. This includes one (1) hour of appointment scheduled individualized learning with a credentialed teacher & additional time for assessment.
All students are encouraged to be on-site as their schedule permits, to study in a conductive educational environment and participate in any school activities
Students who are behind credits are expected to be on-site completing more assessments, to earn additional credits needed.
Students who struggle to adapt to our program and requirements will be referred to an alternative or assigned high school to better serve the student needs.
- Basic literacy skills
- Intrinsic motivation
- Self-discipline & time management
- Want to be here (not just the parents)
- Authentic love for learning
- WILLING TO LEARN THESE NEW SKILLS