Butterfield Charter School is a public charter school composed of various alternative education programs, designed to fit the needs of our diverse student population. Currently Butterfield serves students students in grades 9 -12. Beginning school year 2018-2019 Butterfield will accommodate students from grades K - 12 and additional classroom options.
Programs currently administered at Butterfield Charter School:
* Independent Study
* Seat-Based Courses (SBC)
Programs available at Butterfield Charter School school year 2019-2020:
* Independent Study (IS only) - meet with teacher one time a week half a day of instructional time plus additional testing time. Thirty hours of homework to be completed at home. For students in 7 - 12.
* Independent Study plus Seat-Based Courses (Combo Program) - meet with teacher one time a week half a day of instructional time, additional testing time and at least 1 quarter class 2-3 days a week. For students in 7 - 12.
* Full-Time Seat-Based Courses (Onsite) NEW!! - Attend Monday - Friday, late school start time, in small classes (15-20 students) for direct instruction and homework done at school. For students in 7 - 12.
* Teen Pregnancy & Parenting Program (TAPP) - Available for expectant and current parents. Perinatal and child development courses available. Child care services are also available by request.
* Home Schooling - Home education program, where parent is guided by consulting teachers. For students in K- 6.
* Home & Hospital Coordination Services - Referral forms to be submitted by home school campus.
* Porterville Alternative to Success Solutions (PASS) - Referral completed by home school campus or district office. For students in lieu of suspension or part of a progressive intervention.
All students attending Butterfield must be referred by either a PUSD high school or Enrollment Center.