Butterfield Charter School is a public charter school composed of various education options and support programs, designed to fit the needs of our diverse student population. Currently Butterfield serves students in grades K-12.
Educational Program Options
K - 8 - Grade Programs Available
- Home Schooling - Parent and student meet with teacher as scheduled. Parent participation is mandatory.
9 - 12 Grade Programs Available
- Independent Study (IS only) - Meet with Advisory Teacher 1x wk for half a day plus additional testing time.
- Combination (Combo) - Meet with Advisory teachers 1x wk for half a day, additional testing time and at least 1 class 2-3 days a wk.
- Full Time - Attend daily 8 am - 3 pm in small classes (max 15 - 20 students) for direct instruction and homework done at school.
Support Programs Available
* Home & Hospital Coordination Services - The purpose of home and hospital instruction is to help students maintain continuity of instruction during a period of temporary disability. "Temporary disability" means a physical, mental, or emotional disability incurred while a student is enrolled in regular day classes or an alternative education program and after which a student can reasonably be expected to return to regular day classes on an alternative educational program without special interventions." (CA Ed Code Sec. 48206.3). Medical referral forms to be submitted by home school campus.
* Porterville Alternative to Success Solutions (PASS) - Referral completed by home school campus or district office. For students in lieu of suspension or part of a progressive intervention.
* PUSD Credit Recovery- Referral completed by home school campus for students in grades 11 & 12 who need to recovery credits towards graduation.
* Teen Age Pregnancy & Parenting (TAPP) - Available for expectant and current parents. Perinatal and child development courses available. Child care services are also available by request.
All students attending Butterfield must be referred by a PUSD school or Enrollment Center.